GAT is a Ruby gem that tries to provide a script fast development framework.
Base on a YML structure, GAT allow to write basic and advanced script with a whole set of tools that scripting need.
Gat comes like a Gem, and can be easily installed from rubyforge gem repositories. See Install point for futher information.
Gat comes with this set of features
- With 3 default subclasses, that are Programas, Folders and Arguments (more will come). Dependences are resouces that are need for a script. For example, Backup tool will need the gz console program to compress backup
- Tipical parts of a script. For example, the popular apt-get installer programas comes with serveral operations. For example, install, autoremove, clean…
- Helpers, like on Ruby on Rails, are piece of code that provides some functionality.
- Each operation can have one or n conditions. For example, you would verify if there are enough space at devices or if other program is running
- Each operation can have one or more actions. Understand action like the program itself. Actions, at gat, can be ruby methods or programs executed on the Ruby Terminal Emulator.
- Each script need to write some output, like email, log or stdout. Gat provides this feature too.
Over this structure, GAT gives you a whole controll over the process.
- logger: easy store all the log and differnt verbose mode
- commands: store all the information about commands launched and allow you to use ouputs
- fail control: if conditions, actions or operation fail, Gat Exception allow you to execute callbacks
- mail deliver: easy deliver emails
- arguments: easy get arguments for a script from user interaction, command line or other inputs
- smart conditions: just adding at the yml on fly conditions
Gat is under heavly development. More info will come….
2007 – 2009 Gnoxys. firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is released under the terms of the GPL v3 license as you cand find in http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html